SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER!
Receive monthly landscaping tips, coupons and exclusive sales!
Mosquitoes are back and with a Vengeance!
Ask a Marcum's Nursery expert on how to rid your yard of these frequent fliers!We have granular and water in products to help prepare for your summer activities that are safer for you and your pets. Don't forget, our greenhouses have plants and herbs that help deter them too.
August 2017 Maintenance Guidelines
After years of working in the industry and building a nursery business around Oklahoma's inclement weather, we are suggesting the following maintenance quidelines.
- Use Marcum's 18-6-12 Fertilizer on Bermuda and Zoysia grass
- Prune evergreens. (Holly and boxwood shrubs)
- For stressed out trees and shrubs, use Marcum's Root Stimulator and ferti-lome Fish Emulsion Fertilizer.
- Tent caterpillars, and bag worms: Apply Hi-Yield 55% Malathion Insect Spray.
- The hotter and drier it gets, the larger the spider
- mite populations become! Spray plant foliage with Hi-Yield 55% Malathion SPRAY or Natural Guard Insecticidal Soap.
- Aphids on your Crape Myrtle trees? If you notice a sticky substance on leaves, apply
- Hi-Yield 55% Malathion Insect Spray.
- Apply Hi-Yield Grub Free Zone II to prevent grubs and to control the mole and vole population.
- Expect some leaf fall, a normal reaction to drought.
- Water young plantings well. See Marcum's Nursery watering guidelines for details.
- Mowing heights for cool-season turf grasses should be 3" during hot, dry summer months. Gradually raise mowing height of Bermuda grass lawns from 1 1/2 to 2 inches.
- Apply Hi-Yield Turf & Ornamental Weed & Grass Stopper Containing Dimension or EC Grow or ferti-lome Crabgrass Preventer Plus Lawn Food to prevent poanna.